Monday, April 26, 2010

Ram-Bot, a Masters of the Universe Inspired Custom Sketchbot by kaNO

myplasticheart recently presented the Sketchbot Custom Show, which also marked the official launch of the Sketchbot vinyl figure, a new figure by NYC artist/animator Steve Talkowski. 50 artists and designers participated in the Sketchbot Custom Show and there were some really amazing pieces, all of which can be seen here.

Steve Talkowski’s Sketchbot Custom Show presented by myplasticheart
Since I know a lot of diehard He-Man and the Masters of the Universe fans read The Blot Says…, I thought I’d feature one of my favorite pieces from the Sketchbot Custom Show, the hand painted MOTU inspired Ram-Bot custom figure by kaNO.

Hand Painted Masters of the Universe Inspired Ram-Bot Custom Sketchbot Figure by kaNO
kaNO explained where his inspiration for Ram-Bot came from on his blog: "As soon as I saw the Sketchbot figure all I could see was Ram-Man from the old He-Man cartoons that I grew up on. I sculpted a little, but the rest was pretty straight forward. I was really happy with the outcome." (link) kaNO’s custom Sketchbot “Ram-Bot” is still available at myplasticheart.com. It can be purchased here for $250.
Pin It! - Pin A Picture From TheBlotSays.com