Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Name Is Bruce Teaser Movie Poster

Bruce CampbellThe Blot’s never been too shy about sharing my adoration for B-movie icon Bruce Campbell. From the first time I watched him play Ash in the Evil Dead trilogy (Evil Dead, Evil Dead II, Army of Darkness) I was hooked. Whether he’s headlining B-movies like Bubba Ho-Tep (which if you haven’t seen yet you really need to rent) or playing bit parts in summer blockbuster movies like the Spider-Man trilogy, Campbell always exudes a “deadpan and somewhat sarcastic comic delivery” that The Blot can’t get enough of. (link) So, when I heard Campbell was making his directorial debut this fall with the release of his new film My Name is Bruce, written by Battlestar Galactica scribe Mark Verheiden,” I got really excited. (link)

My Name Is Bruce Teaser Movie Poster
Now I have no clue if My Name Is Bruce will be good, but I do know it’ll be one of a kind. The movie centers “around a group of fans who mistaken Campbell for his movie alter ego Ash and kidnap him to help them fight a Chinese war deity.” (link) It sounds like exactly the kind of crazy, “only in movies” type of plot that you can come to expect from a Bruce Campbell B-movie.

My Name Is Bruce Movie BannerYou can currently catch Campbell every Thursday night on USA’s Burn Notice or watch him on DVD in any number of television box sets including instant classics like The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr., Hercules and Xena: Warrior Princess. He has also proven to be an excellent writer with his autobiographical NY Times best seller If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie Actor and his fictional 2005 novel Make Love! The Bruce Campbell Way. If all this hasn’t gotten you extremely pumped for the upcoming theatrical release of My Name Is Bruce, scheduled for October 2008 followed immediately by its DVD release in January 2009, then I don’t know what will.
Pin It! - Pin A Picture From TheBlotSays.com