Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Jason Mraz - We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things.

Jason MrazHello, my name is The Blot and I’m a Jason Mraz fan. Yes, I know that’s frowned upon by the indie hipsters, but I’m ok with that. I’ve loved Mraz’s eclectic style of pop, rock, folk and hip-hop ever since his debut album Waiting For My Rocket To Come. Since then I’ve been hooked. Besides having his first two albums (the aforementioned Waiting For My Rocket To Come and Mr. A-Z), I’ve also amassed somewhere around 20 recordings of live concerts, his hard to find EPs and seen him in concert twice: once playing acoustically with Toca while opening for Alanis Morissette’s acoustic tour to commemorate the 10th Anniversary of Jagged Little Pill and once headlining his own tour with a then unknown James Blunt and Tristan Prettyman opening.

Jason Mraz - We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things.
Ok, now that we have that out of the way I can tell you about Mraz’s latest album, We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things., which hit stores yesterday. The album, released by Atlantic Records, features guest appearances by Colbie Caillat on “Lucky” and James Morrison on “Details In The Fabric”.

Jason Mraz
To promote his newest album, Mraz also released three EPs for a limited time. The three EPs entitled We Sing, We Dance and We Steal Things, contain live and alternate versions of songs featured on We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things. I hope that’s not too confusing. I’m listening to the new album now and while a lot of its songs are a lot slower tempo than I would prefer, it’s still a fantastic album. I definitely enjoy Mraz's earlier work more, but I have to listen to this album a few more times before I pass judgment. Until then check out We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things. for yourself and let me know what you think.
Pin It! - Pin A Picture From TheBlotSays.com