Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Blot Is Your Homeboy

Two years ago The Blot bought one of his favorite T-shirts of all time. Before I go on let me preface that in no way am I a Dallas Mavericks fan, but the shirt was such great bull and so creative I just had to buy one. The shirt in question is my trusty blue Dirk Is My Homeboy shirt which you can still buy by checking out the official Dirk Is My Homeboy MySpace page.

Dirk Is My Homeboy T-Shirt - Dirk Nowitzki
It’s a spoof of the trendy fad started back in 2004 (by Kanye West I believe) to wear the old school styled Jesus Is My Homeboy shirt but replaces Jesus’ face with the face of 2007 NBA MVP Dirk Nowitzki of the Dallas Mavericks. Since I thought the idea of the Dirk is My Homeboy T-shirt was so great, I’ve been keeping eyes peeled on the web for the next Jesus Is My Homeboy rip-off to add to my T-shirt collection. Yesterday was the day I found not one, but two worthy additions.

The first shirt I found while surfing the web also happens to tie in nicely with all of the recent media attention this person has been garnering over the past two years. It is my great pleasure to introduce to you the Obama Is My Homeboy T-shirt, which you can still purchase at NoStarClothing.com. Both this shirt and the next one I’m going to mention only come in black, which is kind of disappointing since I’m more of a random color type of guy. But I’ll learn to make do since the shirt is pretty cool. On the plus side the caricature of the Illinois Senator does look remarkably like him, much better than some of the other Barack Obama shirts I’ve seen on the web. I tried finding a decent Hillary Is My Homegirl shirt to be fair to both sides but the only shirts I could find were way too horrible to post.

Barack Obama - Obama Is My Homeboy T-Shirt
And finally I’m happy to report for all you hip-hop fans out there that I found a Weezy Is My Homeboy shirt at Mix Unit’s hip-hop shop. Now this shirt I think I’m going to have to buy ASAP as it immortalizes one of the most prolific rappers of the past few years, Lil’ Wayne. Coming from the south you can’t go a minute listening to the radio without hearing a Lil’ Wayne track or a cameo by him on someone else’s song. I think even after all this time I can still listen to Weezy make it rain all day long.

Lil' Wayne - Weezy Is My Homeboy
If anyone’s got any other good “Is My Homeboy” shirts hit The Blot up.
Pin It! - Pin A Picture From TheBlotSays.com